Gagan grew up in Belmont, NC and went on to receive his undergraduate degree in political science from Davidson College, where he received a full merit scholarship. Prior to law school, Gagan received a masters degree in economics from The London School of Economics and served as White House political appointee in President Obama’s administration.
Gagan is committed to civil causes and social justice and spent his first year after college in New Orleans assisting with the disaster recovery effort following Hurricane Katrina.
- Stanford Law School, J.D.
- The London School of Economics and Political Science, MSc, International Political Economy
- Davidson College, B.A., Political Science
Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina