Erica C. McAdoo is responsible for the firm's daily administrative operations and is involved with the firm's marketing and strategic planning. She has previously worked in the legal industry as a litigation paralegal where she was frequently responsible for legal research, document drafting, employee training, office and file organization, client recruitment and retainment, implementation of firm-sponsored community events, identification of marketing opportunities, and development of marketing materials. She also previously operated her own business as a contract paralegal and freelance communications specialist. Prior to working in the legal industry, Mrs. McAdoo served as Associate Director of Raleigh Conservatory of Music where she was responsible for payroll, marketing, preparing short and long term budgets, and providing piano instruction.
Mrs. McAdoo is a North Carolina Certified Paralegal and a current MBA candidate at East Carolina University. She has a paralegal certificate from Meredith College, a Bachelor of Science in Piano Pedagogy from Campbell University, and a Masters of Music from Appalachian State University. Mrs. McAdoo is heavily involved in the legal community and has written articles for The North Carolina State Bar Journal and Carolina Paralegal News. Additionally, she has presented at numerous attorney and paralegal continuing education programs and has served as Chair of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice's Legal Assistants Division. She is currently a member of the NC Advocates for the Justice and the NC Bar Association’s Paralegal Certification Committee.
- The ABC’s of the PCC. NC State Bar Journal (Winter 2017)
- Time Management and Billing: A Paralegal’s Perspective. NC State Bar Journal (Fall 2015)
- Leave Yourself a Little Room in Your Stress Cup. Carolina Paralegal News (July 2014)
- A Paralegal Learns to See the Light on the Dark Side. Carolina Paralegal News (May 2014)
- Don’t Fall Prey to Problems in Communication. Carolina Paralegal News (January 2014)
- Want to Learn the Ropes at a Law Office? Say Yes – a Lot. Carolina Paralegal News (February 2011)
- “Management, Marketing, and More for the Small Office Paralegal”. 2016 Practical Skills for North Carolina Paralegals, NC State Bar, Cary, NC (November 2016)
- “Time Management and Billing: I Think I Can! I Think I Can!” 2014 Practical Skills for North Carolina Paralegals, NC State Bar, Cary, NC (October 2014)
- “The Litigation Process for Paralegals”. NC Advocates for Justice, webinar (December 2013)
- “Using the MSPRC Portal”. NC Advocates for Justice, Mountain Magic, Asheville, NC (November 2013)
- “Collecting and Presenting Lost Wage Claims”. NC Advocates for Justice, Mountain Magic, Asheville, NC (Fall 2012)
- “Trial Preparation: A Paralegal’s Perspective”. NC Advocates for Justice, Mountain Magic, Asheville, NC (Fall 2012)
- “1 Case + 2 Firms = 2 Different Approaches to Case Management”. NC Advocates for Justice, Mountain Magic, Asheville, NC (Fall 2011)
- “Preserving Evidence: Get it Before It’s Gone!” NC Advocates for Justice, Mountain Magic, Asheville, NC (Fall 2010)